About Me

My photo
30 something loves my partner and daughter family and friends. Vintage is my passion I adore Marilyn Monroe and Elvis. Like fashion, food, music nails life laughs and plenty more

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Weigh in day Wednesday 8/12/10. The Weight Watchers plan

Woo Hoo I managed to lose this week despite the naughty weekend I had,only half a pound off but hey am pleased feel like i only lost by the skin of my teeth so that's a result, luck was on my side. I want to hit my 2 stone loss by next week so don't know if I will achieve that as need to lose 3 pounds to do it, so am gonna try hard this week am feeling all better n no longer stiff so its go go go on the exercise front as have had a rest last two days.

I follow The Weight Watchers diet and go to a weekly meetings with a good friend, you can also follow the plan online but I do prefer to go to meetings as the network of support is fantastic and its fun to go with a friend as you cheer each other along. Our leader is a charming kind lady who always gives you a big pat on the back when you do well and makes you feel good about yourself.

Basically WW measure all foods using Pro points they recently changed the method and no longer count calories and saturated fat in food but instead look at the Protein, Carbs, Fibre n Fat as the body process n burns off certain foods faster than others for example... A low fat Breakfast and a muffin with Jam can both have the same calories n sat fat in but one is less in Pro points as the body will burn one off faster. Its about making a decision and choosing the best food that will achieve a weigh loss or just at least knowing which the body will process better and then having a choice.  The experts explain it better than me .....

Not all foods are created equal - ProPoints values help you chooseProPoints values reflect the latest science that takes into account how different foods are processed by the body and the impact this can have on your weight loss.

You get a daily Pro Points allowance mine is 29 and this is only to be used on the day you cannot save pro points and carry them over so if you don't use it you lose it. There is also on top of that a weekly allowance of 40 PP this is like a safety net you can add them to each day to eat more or use all in one go for a special occasion etc, I use mine on Wed evenings after weigh in to have a naughty dinner and treat n maybe a few glasses of wine. The weekly allowance like the daily one cannot be carried over to the next week, however you can earn extra pp from exercising and use them on food if you wish but I never do I count them as hopefully helping towards weekly weight loss.

I really recommend the plan you can pretty much have anything you want as long as you stick to your Pro Points each day and you tend not to cheat and have that big choc cake as it would waste all your PP and then you wouldn't have a great dinner ( but you do have that weekly treat allowance to fall back on if the temptation is to much) It works for me.

I tend to eat lots of fish and chicken and steam everything also most fruit and veg is free of Pro Points so that's great for snacking and filling up.

If interested and want to learn more take a look at the website for more info...............

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/index.aspx

Have a good week and bye for now peeps x

No comments:

Post a Comment