About Me

My photo
30 something loves my partner and daughter family and friends. Vintage is my passion I adore Marilyn Monroe and Elvis. Like fashion, food, music nails life laughs and plenty more

Sunday 23 January 2011

Nell Mcandrew Peak Energy DVD Review

Hi well have been trying to push myself that bit more in exercise this week n get through pain barriers n really sweat as last week put on half a pound despite being good?

So Have just had a real personal achievement and am buzzin so had to do a review plus haven't done one in ages. Just completed the Nell Mcandrew Peak Energy workout have had it in my collection for a while and never got all the way through it as it's soooo tough a real killer and defo one for those with a good fitness level but I just did it n am shattered! Admittedly I did have to walk through a few moves and change the move they were doing to a easier impact one for example when they were doing jumping jacks non stop n I felt I couldn't go on for a min as was getting to painful i jogged it a slower pace for a min. but still Phew what a workout !

It's a good few years old from when Nell Mcandrew came out of the I'm a celeb jungle and its led by a army instructor type guy and Nell just follows him and there is also a group of others all look very fit gym types a mix of males and females this is a real suitable workout for both sexes its certainly not girlie!

The setting is like a industrial warehouse and the music is all dance no lyrics.

Starts with a 10 min warm up which really gets u hot full of stretches and lots of jogging

Then its a massive 40 min high energy fast paced no let up cardio workout that really burns !!!!

Lots of jogging and resistance and holding position moves it can be quite painful at time and i was shaking at certain points and really sweating. The guy is very straightforward and they are all just focused on the workout he is very Sargent major in his voice. He only slows down about 3 times to just walk on the spot but always picks it up fast again.

Then its upper body moves with weights and these gain can get hard on the arms a few times i changed the move to walking on the spot ( which you do all way through this bit and you work the arms) and doing biceps curls as he had you at times holding arms out straight with the weights for long time and it killed !!!

Then came the floor moves and again no let up but really beneficial ! Press ups sit ups, crunches the usual hard ones then no separate cool down but he gets you stretched and cooling down after the floor moves.

It last over a hour if you do the whole DVD and at times I hate the workout its very serious but then on other hand I love it when I get that energy and do it I felt so proud and know it done so much good.

I would give this a 8 out of 10 but this is for the fact that its a good workout its not so much fun it's serious and not for the faint hearted. It says suitable for all fitness levels on the box and that annoyed me as it's so not true its one for the hardcore. No body should beat themselves up if they cant complete this for a good few tries as its so hard stop and walk on the spot when you need to and take it at your pace but when you do it you know your on the way to being a fit person at last !

No comments:

Post a Comment